Tuesday, March 8, 2011

march

Two days of decent weather, ALMOST 60. Phil points out that I will soon be bitching about how hot it is here...probably...rain the next three days. And I haven't been feeling well, joints, etc., ...got some new meds, though, and doc thinks it might help the fibromyalgia. We'll see.

I do hate the 21st century. EVERYTHING has to be done online, which is fine if you're seriously computer literate (which I AM), AND you have excellent internet connectivity (which we most CERTAINLY DO NOT! what with living out here in the boonies, etc., too far from the road for cable, etc., etc., and dependent on this wretched satellite...). However, generally, I cope. There are however, certain issues. Made the mistake today of buying a bottle of multivitamins for old women (50+) as I had run out of same. Got the stupid thing home, and couldn't get the plastic wrap off the lid. After I managed that (with the help of not just a letter opener but also scissors), I was able to easily unscrew the lid (!), but then there was this protective covering over the contents. That was yet another issue. These things are no longer "kid proof"; they are "arthritis proof". It is seriously boring.

On other fronts, things are turning green; the daffodils are growing, always a treat, no blooms yet, but there will soon be buckets of them; was watching a cardinal and a blue bird (probably not actually a blue bird, but it's blue) in the tree outside the window of the den this afternoon. Lots of bird noises, and I heard this morning a mourning dove, the first one this year.

Gas prices through the roof. Am not going to tell you how much it costs to fill up that BMW of Chauncey's I bought a couple of months ago, but it's obscene, and will seriously reduce my trips into Lexington. Lovely car, though, unbelievably quiet, comfortable, etc., etc.

Spring is sprung; the grass is riz; I wonder where the flowers is...Ogden Nash, whom I read much of when I was in h.s., down there in south Texas where we had ZERO SPRING.

Cheers, Lillie

No comments:

Post a Comment