Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cote d'Azur

So I wrote the stuff below last week, soon after we arrived near Antibes. I'm working on the photos from the trip, trying (!) to sort them into actual categories, and WILL follow up and post...sorry about the delay. I spent so much time driving while we were there, would go to some tourist site every day, and we had dinner REALLY late every evening, and then had to get up far, FAR too early to get P to the meetings...Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will post more junk than you ever want to look at very, VERY soon!...


So we're currently staying in a B&B or what have you in the mountains north of Cannes, while Phil is doing science at the French equivalent of Silicon Valley, called Sophia Antipolis, just north of Antibes. I haven't figured it out, but it seems to be a big forest occupied by a cross between an industrial park and a big sprawling French polytechnique, one of the French "grands ecoles", e.g., exclusive science and engineering research university. Unfortunately it's awkward driving him to and fro, so I've been spending a good four hours/day in the car.

Drove down on Sunday. I decided we had to stop when we went by Carcassonne; it's just too amazing for words...

The first day I spent in Antibes, mostly in the old town by the old port.

1 comment:

  1. "Sophia Antipolis" sounds sooo much better than "Silicon Valley". just saying.
    Looking forward to the photos.
    C was impressed also with Carcassonne.

    ReplyDelete