Monday, April 11, 2011

Crazy weather, etc.

One day last week it was so cold and so rainy I not only wore a fur coat, but also it snowed and hailed, and was seriously cold, and then yesterday (Sunday) it was 83 degrees, setting a record for April 10.

Turns out I have pneumonia. Which explains why I don't feel like doing anything other than sleeping and reading. Have also found a new author, Henning Mankell, whose detective is Kurt Wallander. Evidently there have been TV series (BBC?) based on his mysteries. He is called the "best living Swedish mystery writer", evidently excluding Stieg Larsson. Actually the one I read was a seriously good read (the Fifth Woman), and not as gut-wrenching as the Dragon Tattoos series. Always glad to find another author. I like the Linda Fairstein series, too, but after about 3 or 4 they get to be a bit repetitive and predictable.

Have also been watching (for the ?th time) the Barchester Chronicles. Next, after I finish this, if I'm still sick, it'll be Jane Austen. Have to dig them out...but The King's Speech comes out in DVD next week, but I'll be good as new by then...

Cheers,...

No comments:

Post a Comment