Monday, July 18, 2011

La Litote, Vence

entry to LaLitote

Phil and wine and water in front of
LaLitote, see water bottle

Mousse de foie gras, LaLitote

another photo of facade

my main course, some sort
of fish with veg and quinoa

Phil's main course, steamed mussels
So I read about this place in the Michelin Guide Rouge (red guide, e.g., restaurants and hotels, with some maps and things thrown in), the Gault-Millau 2011 (big fat yellow thing, in French only, much more reliable, however, I have found, than Michelin), and, I THINK, Rick Steve's France 2010 or 2009 or whichever one I had (past tense--I seem to have lost it). And I THINK it was the Rick Steve's guide's review that mentioned the foie gras mousse at the place that is the actual proximate reason we ate there, rather than someplace else for lunch. Lord, it was GREAT.

Can't remember how much exactly it cost, but it wasn't exorbitant. I am going to try to make the foie gras mousse; turns out there is a recipe on the restaurant website. Take a peek. Go to www.lalitote.com. After you get there, you will find a link for "recettes". There are two: one is for an entree, unless you're already in the English translation, in which case it's is for "entries". (the other, I think, is for a dessert..I think we both had sorbet for dessert). If you know ANY French AT ALL, look at BOTH recipes, for the Mousse au Foie Gras, in English and in French. I have printed them both out, and plan to use both to figure out how the **** to make the stuff. I think both recipes are a hoot. Ours didn't come with rhubarb marmalade (rhubarb wasn't in season), but with some salad stuff and this goo that was reduced balsamic vinegar and melted bitter chocolate. There was also coarse sea salt on top. OMG, it was GOOD...

Cheers, Lillie

No comments:

Post a Comment