Monday, May 2, 2011

Couple of things

It seems that the pneumonia issue is because of the RA. So there. Not a "big" deal, unless it is...so there...

Evidently we killed Osama bin Laden. Took long enough, and (!) a Democrat as President to manage it...Sorry if you're a Republican out there.

Even sorrier if you're a "birther". Gotta admit I'm enjoying the Donald Trump stuff, though. (If this offends you, and I DO try to keep it at a minimum, just quit reading, and wait until June, when we'll be in France, and blog postings will probably be more interesting...)

What with the pneumonia I've had for however long it is, and various other problems, the latest being my fall at the fund raiser gig Saturday night for the Hopewell Museum, I decided to cancel the graduation party next weekend. It would have been Sunday May 8, which is also Mother's Day, but the real issue is that I've sort of not been all that well, and also we have the house guests arriving very soon after Mother's Day for the COmparative Decision Making conference, these including three staying at our house ( Evelyn Korn, economist at Marburg University in Germany, Andy Sih from U.C. Davis, and Sarah Crowley, etc.). One of the problems with this is that these three all have to sleep in separate beds, which necessitated my actually putting words into action and turning the yellow room upstairs that used to be my office into a bedroom...in truth, it looks much, MUCH better as a bedroom than it ever did as an office.

On top of which, it is unlikely that anybody will ever suggest that I actually sleep up there, although the bed I bought for the room is better than the one I actually sleep on downstairs...but I'm not finished with all this preparation for all these guests...At least, one of the them is Sarah, and I can demand, I suppose, that she help me out.

This will, however, make me feel seriously incompetent, because when Philip and I visited his folks in Ft. Worth, everything was always, ALWAYS, pristine when we arrived...at my parents', however, Mother was NEVER ready for us. I guess perhaps it sorta averages out....

The yellow bedroom upstairs is lovely, however, no thanks to yours truly...Lydia and Ben were great...


2 comments:

  1. A fall?

    That's a lot of house guests. Glad one is Sarah.

    Glad you got the yellow bedroom done. Had no idea you were that far along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About getting the yellow bedroom done. I bought a bed; the delivered it. A couple of days later, Lydia and Ben came over and turned it into a proper bedroom, threw out a ton of stuff, moved other crap down to the den (!), which means I have to deal with it, but they turned the room into a lovely guest room, albeit with some storage crap of mine, in TWO HOURS...

    ReplyDelete